She graduated from Gdańsk Academy of Music in Krystyna Jurecka’s class and now continues to study there with Konstanty Andrzej Kulka. The biggest influence on her playing came from studying with prof. Igor Petrushevski.
Karolina Nowotczyńska is a winner of many international music competitions. Her biggest achievements are:
- I prize and Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Award at 17th Osaka International Music Competition in 2016,
- Encuentro de Santander festival- taking part in academy and festival, chosen from almost 400 musicians to lead the orchestra in 2017,
- II prize at International Violin Competition “Concours Bravo!” in Namur, Belgium 2013
- IV prize at International Music Competition “Premio Citta’ di Padova – Virtuosite Prize” in Italy 2014
- I prize at International Violin Competition “Premio Citta’ di Padova” in Italy 2014
A considerable part of her time is dedicated to chamber music where she also succeeded in chamber music competitions. She got prizes with a piano trio at:
- I prize at International Johannes Brahms Chamber Competition in Gdańsk, 2015
- I prize at International Chamber Competition in Smorgonie (Belarus), 2016
- II prize at Łomianki Chamber Music Competition 2014
- Diploma at Stasys Vainiunas Chamber Competition Vilnius 2014
Karolina Nowotczyńska got many other awards, such as: Scholarship of Academy Stringtime Academie Goch (4 times), Encuentro de Santander 2017 (where she was a leader of chamber groups and the symphony orchestra of the festival), Morningside Music Bridge Calgary 2010, The award of the Minister of Culture 2014, Scholarship of Elbląg (4 times), Scholarship of Gdańsk (3 times).
Karolina Nowotczyńska performed as a soloist in many countries of the world including Canada, Japan, Iran, Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Slovakia, Estonia, Georgia, Belgium, Belarus, France, and Moldova. As the leading student of Gdańsk Academy of Music, Karolina represented the Academy at the Concert of the Year 2015, as well as at the Concert of the best students of the Academy of 2015.
Karolina Nowotczyńs took part in many masterclasses with the prominent musicians like Maxim Vengerov, Zakar Bron, Pavel Vernikov, Igor Volochine, Eduard Gracz, Michael Vaiman, Wanda Wilkomirska, Ivan Monighetti and others. As a concertmaster, she worked with many famous artists such as: Soyang Yoon, Jakub Jakowicz, Jose Maria Florencio, Roby Lakatos, Bomsori Kim, Marek Moś, Kai Buman, Motion Trio, Atom String Quartet, Vołosi, Marcin Wyrostek, Jerzy Maksymiuk, Erzan Kulibayev, Peter Csaba, Janusz Wawrowski and others. Nowotczyńska performed with Elbląg Chamber Orchestra many times also as a soloist, including performances in Tallin or Tbilisi. She often teaches in various festivals and gives masterclasses all over the world.
Karolina Nowotczyńska has been the leader of the Elbląg Chamber Orchestra since 2013.